• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pill Capper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystik1

Bluelighter
I want to start capping Aniracetam instead of disolving it in olive oil and throwing it back.

So I need to be able to put 1tsp of the powder in with maybe half tbsp of olive oil (Unless there is a better way to do this? Aniracetam is fat, not water, soluble).

Can I get a capper at Wallgreens? Any info here? Is it hard to do?

caveat: i have no idea what a teaspoon of aniracetum looks like or if it will dissolve in a half teaspoon of oil or what volume that would occupy.

you are not going to be able to buy something to make that into a capsule for you. you can buy a small funnel and make the caps yourself - at least if you can find empty capsules of the right size.

caveat: i have no idea what a teaspoon of aniracetum looks like or if it will dissolve in a half teaspoon of oil or what volume that would occupy.

you are not going to be able to buy something to make that into a capsule for you. you can buy a small funnel and make the caps yourself - at least if you can find empty capsules of the right size.

I think that's all id need - caps and a funnel. Id just need caps that can hold 1 tbsp of liquid. Do they sell that at any drug store?

i would try either buying online or a health food store. and i don't know that they'd hold that much liquid.

you can cap it without the oil. Just make sure you eat it with something fatty. I doubt they sell capers at the drug store, but I've never asked.

they DO make capsule fillers. They are usually about 20 USD online, never seem them in stores though. They automatically fill all your caps, 100 at a time.

Hope that helps

Some stores do have them-- I bought mine at one. It took a bit of calibration to figure out how much goes into each pill when they're filled fully, but otherwise it's a huge time-saver.

Mehm is right, there's no reason to put oil in your pills, and it would just make a mess. If you're really concerned, take a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil (or other dressing oil) after taking your dose. I took aniracetam off and on for nearly a year, never bothered with the oil thing, and it worked well.

Some stores do have them-- I bought mine at one. It took a bit of calibration to figure out how much goes into each pill when they're filled fully, but otherwise it's a huge time-saver.

Mehm is right, there's no reason to put oil in your pills, and it would just make a mess. If you're really concerned, take a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil (or other dressing oil) after taking your dose. I took aniracetam off and on for nearly a year, never bothered with the oil thing, and it worked well.

You just took with water?

Mysitk-- yeah. Usually just before eating though. The body's quite good at dissolving non-water-soluble compounds, at least when taken orally.

Status
Not open for further replies.